Subject: For action: Epidemic Intelligence Network meeting 6-7 May 2025
From: "Epidemic Intelligence" <[email-masked]>
To: "Epidemic Intelligence" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Angela Ancona" <[email-masked]>, "Ann-Christin Lugg" <[email-masked]>, "Gianfranco Spiteri" <[email-masked]>, "Grazina Mirinaviciute" <[email-masked]>, "Hubert Buczkowski" <[email-masked]>, "Jon Bilbatua" <[email-masked]>, "Katja Siling" <[email-masked]>, "Laura Espinosa" <[email-masked]>, "Leonidas Alexakis" <[email-masked]>, "Xanthi Andrianou" <[email-masked]>, "Maria Bampa" <[email-masked]>, "PHF Support" <PHF.Sup
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2025 16:27:35 +0200

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu 
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

To: National Focal Points for Threat Detection, EWRS and IHR; Operational 
Contact Points for Epidemic Intelligence

Copy: National Coordinators

Dear colleagues,

The European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) is organising 
the second annual Epidemic Intelligence Network meeting.

Thanks to the support of our Spanish colleagues, the meeting will be held 
in-person in Madrid, on 6 and 7 May 2025. We would like to ask you to save 
the date.

Each EU/EEA Member State can nominate one participant who should be either 
an Operational Contact Point for Epidemic Intelligence or a National Focal 
Point for Threat Detection, EWRS and IHR. Please share with us the name of 
the colleague that can participate by 14 March 2025 via email at 
<mailto:[email-masked]> 
[email-masked] and 
<mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]. The 
participants will receive information on the travel and accommodation 
arrangements at a later date (see note below).

Experts from other EU entities (e.g. DG SANTE, HERA, EFSA), the WHO and 
Africa CDC will also be invited in order to strengthen the synergies in 
Epidemic Intelligence.

We would also like to consult you on the topics which will be covered during 
the meeting and get your views on the priorities. You can find a few 
questions in this form: Epidemic Intelligence Network meeting 2025 agenda 
consultation <https://forms.office.com/e/A8jA2NReLp> . Please provide your 
feedback until 14 March 2025. The agenda will be prepared following your 
feedback and shared as soon as possible.

If you have any questions with regards to the meeting, please feel free to 
reach out to any one of us or at [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> .

We look forward to hearing from you and to see you in Madrid!

Kind regards,

Gianfranco Spiteri

on behalf of the ECDC Epidemic Intelligence Team

Note on travel and accommodation arrangements

According to the Rules of Reimbursement (Rules for reimbursement of expenses 
incurred by invitees invited by ECDC 
<https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/publications-data/rules-reimbursement-expenses-incurred-invitees-invited-ecdc> 
 ), ECDC will organize and cover the costs of the flight (including travel 
insurance) and accommodation for one participant per MS according to the 
meeting agenda and provide participants with meals. ECDC funded participants 
will also be entitled to claim the daily subsistence allowance and public 
transportation to/from the airport after attending the meeting by following 
the reimbursement processes (they will be communicated on a later date). No 
reimbursements are foreseen for participants based in Madrid.

European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)Gustav III:s boulevard 40, 169 73 Solna, Sweden

Phone +46 (0)8 58 60 10 00

 <https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/> www.ecdc.europa.eu

Follow ECDC on:

 <http://www.facebook.com/ECDC.EU>

 <https://bsky.app/profile/ecdc.europa.eu>

 <http://www.linkedin.com/company/ecdc>

 <http://www.youtube.com/user/ECDCchannel>

 <https://www.instagram.com/ecdc.eu>

 <https://www.threads.net/@ecdc.eu>

Confidentiality Notice
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby kindly 
requested, to, consecutively, refrain from disclosing its content to any 
third party, delete it and inform its sender of the erroneous transmittal.

Classified as ECDC NORMAL